COMING OCT 2019
We exist to renew our city with the Gospel of Jesus
one story at a time
- Gospel Centeredness – The true and beautiful message of Jesus is worth living for and giving out.
- Thriving Neighborhoods – We want to be so good at serving the needs of our neighbors that we would be missed if we left the neighborhood.
- Community as Family – Community should be less like a fraternity and more like a family.
- The Journey of Faith – Faith is not a leap but a climb. It’s a lifelong journey with many steps.
- 3rd Culture People – We value people who willing give up the comforts of their culture to be cultural bridge builders for our the sake of our city
- Relate – In a post Christian city, most of what people know about Jesus is wrong. We want to authentically relate the message of Jesus (Gospel) to those outside the church with our words and more importantly our relationships
- Reshape – When the Gospel directs our lives, it reshapes our attitudes, actions, and affections to look more like Jesus. When this is done in community with others we become the people that God desires for us to be.
- Release – The Gospel can’t not be contained to church on Sunday. It’s spills into all the of our spaces and relationships. So, we want to complete the loop by releasing our church to relate the Gospel of Jesus to their neighbors and networks.
Why this Church?
Edward Dhanpat Jr. is a 2nd generation American. His parents immigrated from Guyana in South America. His parents worked hard and that work ethic was passed on to him. He is a native New Yorker and so he gets the complexity of ministry in a difficult city.
He attended NYC public schools most of his life. He completed his undergraduate work (B.A. in Psychology) at CUNY Queens College, and his graduate work (M. Div.) at Bethel Seminary of the East.
He is an ordained minister with over 10 years of full-time ministry experience. He also has 5 years of church planting experience. His wife, Mahwish, is a Pakistani Christian and immigrated to New York City when she was five. He and his wife have a son, Justus, who is almost 7 years old.